Call for Papers
The PUP Journal of Science and Technology is now accepting papers for its volume 10, PUPJST2018.
The submission will be thru ONLINE JOURNAL SYSTEM now which will allow quick review and process of the paper for publication.
- All submissions may be sent only thru the University’s Online Journal System (PUP OJS).
- All contributors must register and create an account by following the steps outlined in this link:
To the Managing Editor
Institute for Science and Technology Research
Office of the Vice President for Research, Extension, and Development
Polytechnic University of the Philippines
S512, PUP Mabini Campus Anonas St., Sta. Mesa, Manila
The PUP JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (PUPJST), a double-blind, peer reviewed journal that publishes original articles on theoretical and applied studies in the field of science and technology. It is an annual research publication that aims to provide significant involvement of researchers by presenting novel ideas as well as new knowledge for the advancement of the society in general.
EDITORIAL POLICY AND GUIDELINES
Focus and Scope of Journal
The PUP JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (PUPJST) publishes original scientific papers and application-focused articles from the recent accomplished researches on:
- Physical sciences; Chemistry, Physics
- Natural sciences; Biology, Microbiology
- Food sciences
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Agricultural sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Computing and Information sciences
- Engineering and Technology.
The goals of the publication are as follows:
(1) maintain confidentiality in managing submitted manuscripts;
(2) observe timely publication of the journal;
(3) pursue unbiased double-blind review system; and
(4) ensure that editorial decisions are based on originality, relevance and quality of a manuscript and its contribution to a body of knowledge in the disciplines that the journal seeks to cultivate.
The Journal observes double-blind peer review system where both the identities of the reviewer and the contributor are kept confidential from each other. Before to the review process, the initial screening is done by the members of the editorial board to ascertain the appropriateness of the manuscript for publication. The editorial board checks the following elements of the manuscripts: referencing standards, grammar, plagiarism, and other technical standards. Also, the editorial board reserves the right to filter manuscripts that are irrelevant to the Journal’s theme.
Once the manuscript is acceptable to the Board, the same is sent to the reviewer for the review proper. The reviewers have the final say whether to include the manuscript or not in the Journal.
All accepted manuscripts for publication are copyedited, proofread and sent back to the contributor for approval of significant/substantial editorial changes. However, the editor reserves the right to make minor changes for clarity and accuracy without seeking the author’s permission.